You know how it feels to suffer from acne. You have experienced the pain and anxiety that it brings. You have gone through every possible step to get rid of it from your skin.
But being a true menace, acne didn’t leave your face, even after all this. It left its mark on your skin in the form of those hideous acne scars.
Frustrated? Worry not.
This post is going to uncover the best products for acne scars available right now; the tried and true scar removal products that won’t just clear these physical bruises on your skin, but also help fading any marks or dark spots left by acne breakouts.
These acne scar products won’t cost you fortunes as those conventional treatments offered at clinics and spas. And they will be, by far, less risky than laser treatment and dermabrasion.
Before we jump into the reviews of acne scar products, there are a few important things you must bear in your mind:
Fighting Acne Scars is a Marathon, Not a Race
Do not be fooled by the fancy marketing slogans behind best selling acne scar treatments.
Remember, there is no magic wand or spell that can make your scars disappear overnight.
The process is slow, meandering, and sometimes uncomfortable. You have to show patience and perseverance in order to reap full rewards.
Pro Tip: Avoid all those products that claim to provide overnight results. They will likely be a scam, or will just leave you extremely disappointed.
Ingredients Behind the Best Acne Scar Removal Products
How should you evaluate the best products for acne scars?
Answer: By looking at their ingredients!
Following ingredients are proven winners when it comes to successful treatment of acne scars:
1. Vitamin E
Speaking of vitamins and skin, Vitamin E is a fundamental vitamin that is required for the skin since it has the gene expression impact. This implies it can help in the recuperating procedure of a scar.
Even dermatologists adore vitamin E oil for its magnificent benefits. However, they do as such with alert. “Vitamin E is always a tricky ingredient to use,” says Joanna Vargas, a celebrity facial expert. “It’s an awesome antioxidant, but it’s heavy, so if you are prone to breakouts, it could make you break out more. Vitamin E has always been used in skincare, but I think the purity of it has changed”.
2. Salicylic Acid
Salicylic acid is an exfoliating ingredient that is artificially like ibuprofen. Like ibuprofen, it can expel redness and irritation as it opens pores. Salicylic acid is a standout amongst the most vital medications for skin inflammation on oily skin.
But the issues with most acne products that rundown salicylic acid as an active ingredient are that they don’t contain the correct concentration of salicylic acid at the correct pH. Anyone who utilizes salicylic acid must make certain to flush it off as per product directions. It should be used with caution though if you have sensitive skin or you are accustomed to allergic reactions as it can peel off your skin at higher concentrations.
This is also a significant ingredient for most scar removal creams. Hydroquinone is exceptionally viable in disposing of dull scars since it attempts to help the skin.
It has additionally the ideal element for disposing off wrinkles, skin dryness or some other skin flaws.
A word of caution: Hydroquinone is known to be very harmful in high concentration. It also has some side effects for which has been banned in many countries due to safety concerns, so make sure to ask your pharmacist before using a product containing hydroquinone.
If you happen to run over a product for acne scars that does not have silicone recorded as one of its ingredients, it isn’t going to be the best choice. Silicone assumes a noteworthy part in the scar cleaning process since it hydrates your skin and shields your scars from bacteria subsequently neutralizing contamination.
Silicone makes a decent situation for encouraging the mending procedure of scars. Silicone prevents the scar from tingling consequently quickens the treatment procedure.
5. Onion Extract
One of the advantages of onion extract is that it is a natural ingredient so it is safer than most other anti-scar ingredients. Besides having a natural tendency to manipulate collagen production, it also has excellent anti-inflammatory properties, making it one of the favorite ingredients in successful acne scar treatment products.
That’s enough on the essential prerequisites of this blog post, let’s quickly discover these…
10 Best Products for Acne Scars that are Proven to Work
This Advanced Scar Vanishing Cream combines nature’s most powerful ingredients including aloe vera leaf powder, shea butter, cucumber extract, safflower oil, green tea extract, avocado pit extract and much more.
Many of us have seen an impressive difference in a manner of days, but you’ll definitely see scars dramatically lightening in as little as two weeks. Or they give you your money back!
Best For: All skin types.
Natural Ingredients: Bentonite, Shea Butter, Avocado Seed Extract, Aloe Vera leaf powder, Safflower Oil, cucumber Extract, Green Tea extract, Burdoc Root Extract, and more
- Dramatically reduces the appearance of acne scars.
- Works really fast (the fastest we’ve seen in all products reviewed).
- Contains powerful moisturizers from natural ingredients.
- Promotes cell regeneration and healing.
- Achieves healthy skin tone and color.
- 45 Day 100% Money-back guarantee.
- The bottle pump is a little annoying to use. It has a tendency to squirt the cream out aggressively.
The secret behind it lies in the way it works. Principally, this item contains ingredients that dive deep into your skin to unclog any blocked pores and wipe out microbes that reason acne and different polluting influences. Also, Exposed treatment helps in keeping up your skin’s regular oil creation. This is fundamental in keeping it saturated while counteracting rashes and irritation.
Your Daily Scrub for Acne Scars
The Exposed™ Microderm Scrub is a special and delicate exfoliating scrub. It utilizes micro-sized corundum crystals to clean away dead skin cells, uncover fresh, more youthful skin and leave your skin looking delicate, clear, and firm.
With every day utilization of this product, you will see critical change. In around 2 to 5 weeks, your skin will give off an impression of being clearer and more vivid than any other time, obviously you should be predictable to get this outcome. One thing you should keep in mind while using this scrub for acne scars is that it should not be rubbed all over the face to avoid any irritation or redness, a gentle wash is just enough for it.
Suitable for: Works well with all type of skin
- The Exposed Microderm Scrub uses a precisely chose blend of ingredients to evacuate damaged skin without causing unfavorable reactions or side effects, redness and irritation.
- Suitable for all ages and all ingredients are approved by FDA.
- Hypo allergenic. If you have a sensitive skin, there are no fears in counting Exposed system as a part of your daily skincare routine.
- It cleans away dead skin cells, treat pimples, and leave your skin looking smooth and clear. Strikingly clearer and smoother skin in less than a month.
- Gives best results when used with the whole kit.
- Need to handle with care.
- Rubbing or overuse can cause irritation, dryness or redness.
3. Mederma Advanced Gel for Acne Scars
Mederma is a proven brand when it comes to dealing with acne scars, stretch marks, and other similar skin ailments. How successful is Mederma Scar Cream in fading acne scars and enhancing their general appearance?
This scar removal gel from Mederma is made out of common ingredients, making it suitable for skin application. Unless you have known sensitivities to specific chemicals, aloe vera or onion extract, it won’t cause further problems for your skin.
Suitable for: All skin types. Be cautious if you have sensitive skin.
- This cream is not only for acne scars, but it is viable on an assortment of scars.
- While the gel is not to be used as a daily beauty cream, it lightens dim spots, old and new scars.
- Absorbs into skin quickly and starts to show results in 2-3 weeks of use.
- It is easy to use and you only have to apply once at night.
- Doesn’t smell that good.
- Can produce itchiness on your skin.
- Not the cheapest option.
- Doesn’t work for everybody. A few people have expressed that they saw next to zero change in their skin while utilizing Mederma. Others even claim that it caused breakouts or odd staining on the treated zones.
- Need to be very careful with the dose. It can cause dryness to the skin, a moisturizer is must while using it.
4. Bio Oil for Acne Scars
If you’ve been searching for a good acne scar product for long, this surely won’t be the first time you’ve come across Bio-Oil. It’s one of the present most mainstream acne scar products, and as it shows up on such a significant number of records and online audits, Bio Oil may appear like a fair decision to dispose of acne scars quick. It is the product you’re looking for? Let’s find out.
What’s exceptional about Bio-Oil Scar Treatment
What’s exceptional about Bio-Oil’s multipurpose correction serum is its consideration of PurCellin oil. Effortlessly separated by the skin. Note: Its hydration levels are high to the point that it’s fantastic for anyone parts in urgent need of a dampness help, similar to elbows and knees.
One of bio oil’s greatest uses is the treatment of acne scars. To test its adequacy, The Photobiology Laboratory of the Medical University of South Africa directed a clinical trial in late 2005. In this test, 24 specialists with various types of scars were made a request to utilize Bio-Oil on a twice-regular routine. By the end of this clinical trial, more than 65 percent of respondents indicated positive change under a four-week time frame.
Suitable for: All type of skin, exceptionally good for dry skin.
- It’s a product with all natural ingredients. No harsh chemical are used.
- Works well with all skin types, clinically proven and dermatologically tested.
- Bio-Oil finds and handles scars, wrinkles, fine lines, and rebalances the skin for a smoother composition.
- Affordable and very easily available at pharmacies.
- Results are not satisfying. Bio-Oil can just enhance scar appearance, not fade completely.
- Requires continuous usage to observe worthy results.
5. Dead Sea Mud Mask
This is one of the best acne face masks out there. It acts against all skin maturing impacts, including wrinkles, fine lines, dull spots, acne scars, eye bags and uneven skin tone.
It incorporates proven natural ingredients like Dead Sea Mud, Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil, Aloe Vera Juice, and Jojoba Oil. The outcome is a delicate and rich cover that is satisfactory for all skin types to use on either the face or body.
Suitable for: All skin types.
- Dead Sea Mud Mask helps lift your skin and restore its natural elasticity.
- Has a great fresh, light and earthy smell and creamy texture which is surely fun to use.
- Pulls out all toxins and excess oil from your skin, it additionally serves to reduce the volume, visibility, and thickness of age spots and dark circles.
- Helps to calm your acne prone skin and draws out oils, cleanses pores, and helps fade acne scars.
- Natural ingredients, safe to use and doesn’t have any side effects.
- Results will take time to show, specially with old acne scars.
6. Skinceuticals CE Ferulic
SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic has pure vitamin C and E to improve your skin’s safety against natural harm caused by free radicals.
This SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum kills free radicals instigated by UVA/UVB, infrared radiation (IRA) and ozone contamination (O3). With antioxidant defensive advantages, C E Ferulic enhances indications of aging, hyperpigmentation and photodamage to decrease the presence of lines and wrinkles while firming and lightening up your skin. Best when used with a suitable sunscreen.
Suitable for: Normal, sensitive, dry, mature skin
- Vitamin C lights up your skin and fight against oxidants.
- Stays powerful for 72 hours.
- Levels skin tone and reduces scars and redness.
- Protects against damaging UV rays.
- Not a very quick fix, needs time for lively results.
- Once absorbed can’t be washed or rubbed off.
- Doesn’t smell great.
7. Skin Medica Scar Recovery Gel
This treatment gel is clinically demonstrated to address numerous phases of scar development and rejuvenate your skin.
It harnesses the power of Centella Asiatica, a home grown concentrate and profoundly absorbing antioxidant. With continuous use, this gel enhances the presence of both new and old scars.
Suitable for: Mature, acne-prone, sensitive, normal, combination, dry and oily skin.
- Helps rebalance skin cells.
- Minimizes the pink scars and redness.
- It also helps to improve your skin complexion.
- Requires diligence with old scars.
- An expensive product for regular use.
8. Scarguard MD Acne Scar Removal Cream
This is a product created by a plastic surgeon.
It combines different treatments into one simple to-utilize procedure that has been clinically demonstrated to smooth scar tissue if it is raised or thickened.
It contains the proven anti-scar ingredient, silicone. Plus, Vitamin E helps in the mending procedure by softening and saturating the scar. Cortisone, a low concentration hydrocortisone lessens the skin irritation.
Suitable for: All skin types, except very sensitive skin.
- Highly-effective, helps the old scars to shrink.
- Dries fast to an invisible film so you don’t have to worry about your alien look.
- It is one easy to use product.
- Very dry, your skin might be itchy or sting sometimes.
- If you have any issues with nail polish or paint scents then beware, this product has as strong nail polish like odor.
- Not suitable for children.
9. Kate Somerville D-Scar Scar Diminishing Serum
An intense scar-battling serum. This serum and rollerball device combine to straighten and lessen the presence of both new and old scars. They enhance the skin’s surface by softening the scar zone.
Suitable for: All skin type, except very sensitive skin.
- Straightens and enhances the presence of both new and old scars for smoother, milder skin.
- Easy to apply and dries fast.
- Results are satisfying for new blemishes and scars.
- Formulated without PSPs.
- Great at first, but progress slows afterwards.
- Not suitable for old scars and spots.
10. Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-In-1 Fight & Fade Acne Toner
This bottle of acne toner from the well-known Neutrogena has got the maximum strength salicylic acid treatment with microclear technology.
Its carefully crafted formulation helps shedding of dead skin cells and help to reduce breakouts on the skin. Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-In-1 Fight & Fade Acne Toner is one good product to fade the post-acne marks.
Suitable for: All skin types.
- Easily available.
- Contains salicylic acid as an active ingredient which helps best with acne scars.
- Reduces the chances of breakouts and excess oil on your face.
- This acne toner goes well with acne prone skin.
- Can dry your skin in beginning, but once you get used to it you can manage by limiting the use.
- Some users have complaint about its smell is strong.
New Addition: InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum 20%
InstaNatural isn’t all about Vitamin C. Its other prominent ingredients include 3.5% Niacinamide, 2.5% Retinol Medication, and 2% Salicylic Acid.
This is an effective combination stuffed with supplements to light up the skin and anticipate basic indications of ageing. To upgrade the antioxidant advantages of Vitamin C, this serum incorporates Ferulic Acid to shield against harm. On the other hand, Hyaluronic Acid and Sea Buckthorn Oil enhance skin’s protective prevention.
Suitable for: All type of skins.
- Prevents forming scars or acne in future and smoothens skin and brightens the dark spots.
- Has a silky, creamy texture.
- This product contains 2% salicylic acid, if you have any previous record of messing up with salicylic acid then it might give you a hard time.
- The serum has an overwhelming scent.
- It doesn’t show immediate results; you need to be patient with it for quite a long time.
So, this is what we have got for you. Let us know which of these products you have tried and which one did you find the best?