Table of Contents
Acne is bad. But acne on the neck is worst.
It causes pain and irritation. It looks weird. And it hurts your self esteem.
You’re fed up now. You don’t want it to affect your life any more. And you want to clear away those bumps on back of neck at once. That’s it.
Rest assured, you’re at the perfect place.
To relieve yourself from this daunting experience, I’ve put together this dedicated blog post in which you’ll discover all the best treatments and remedies to efficiently help you get rid of acne on your neck.
Read it to the end and you’ll have the best tips and methods to counter your current neck acne and prevent future breakouts.
But before we move on to treating it, it’s important to know the causes behind neck acne.
What Causes Acne Bumps on the Back of Your Neck
Acne on the neck is pretty similar to back acne as the skin on this area is relatively thick and produces more oil (sebum) than other parts of your skin.
Including the most prominent causes of acne, like hormonal imbalance, excess oil, bacteria, etc., there are some other causes that aggravate acne on your neck, including:
- Wearing tight collared shirts, scarves, turtlenecks, etc., as they can cause serious irritation.
- Using different kinds of facial cleansers, soaps, or moisturizers without making sure that they are non-comedogenic or oil free.
- The transfer of oil from your hair to your neck as it clogs the skin pores (this can also cause acne on your scalp).
How to Get Rid of Neck Acne
Now comes the core part of this article. I’m going to share 6 different and effective ways of eliminating acne on your neck.
This blog post is divided into two parts:
- The first part outlines different ways for eliminating your existing neck acne.
- The second part on the other end, shares a number of practical tips that will effectively help in preventing future breakouts on your neck.
Let’s get started.
The First Part – Neck Acne Elimination
1. Neck Acne Treatment With Exposed Body Acne Kit
A product specially designed to combat body acne is hard to find. And when it is from the most successful manufacturer in the anti-acne skin care industry, you know that it’s something worth a shot.
With Exposed Skin Care body acne kit, you can kill two birds with one stone. You can counter acne on your neck as well as other parts of your body – like the back or even buttocks.
So, let’s just quickly break down the components of this body acne kit from Exposed, and then we’ll delve into the method for employing it to combat your neck acne.
Components of Exposed Body Acne Kit
This is an exfoliating body wash that is designed to clear your body of acne. Don’t be afraid of the word ‘exfoliate’ here. This body wash is gentle enough not to cause irritation on your skin, thanks to the presence of purifying natural extracts in it. Its Pro Vitamin B-5 properties help regulating oil on skin, whereas salicylic acid prevents your pores from getting clogged.
- Acne Treatment Serum
It has been proven time and again that the best way to kill acne causing bacteria is to use benzoyl peroxide. This acne treatment serum from Exposed combines the healing power of Tea Tree Oil and Green Tea Extract with essential anti-bacterial properties of benzoyl peroxide to effectively prevent acne breakouts.
- Derm-X Body Cloth
Not all fabrics are created the same. To vigorously, yet gently exfoliate your skin, you need something that is specially designed for this purpose. Derm-X from Exposed is a microfiber cloth with polyamide that not only gently exfoliates your skin, but it also smoothens your skin and evens out your skin tone.
How to Use Exposed Body Acne Kit to Combat Neck Acne
Follow these steps at least 2-3 times a week. You can also gradually increase the frequency if you find it effective.
- Body Wash
Use it in shower or bath. Message it over your wet body (concentrating on your neck and other acne prone areas) with bare hands, and then rinse if off.
- Derm-X Cloth
After using Exposed Body Wash, wash off your skin nicely. Now, wet your Derm-X cloth and gently massage it on your neck and other acne prone areas. DO NOT rub it harsh! I know it’s tempting at this moment, but you won’t be doing any good for your skin.
Wash Derm-X cloth every 2 weeks with a fragrance free soap or detergent.
- Acne Treatment Serum
Because it contains concentrated acne medication, its direct contact with the fabric can bring some bleaching effects. That’s why it is important to let it dry first for a while and then put on your clothes. However, if this problem still persists, you can use this acne treatment serum at night under old clothing or white sheets.
Additionally, you can refer to this official guide for getting the maximum out of Exposed Body Acne Kit.
Keeva tea tree oil acne treatment cream doesn’t harm or dry your skin like other acne treatments thanks to its main ingredients being organic tea tree oil and salicylic acid.
Organic tea tree oil & salicylic acid are the best combination for a moisturized acne free skin. As a great bonus this treatment also includes Hyaluronic Acid that helps diminish the acne scars for a clearer & smoother skin.
Works for Face, back, chest and neck acne.
- Organic tea tree oil & salicylic acid are the best combination for a moisturized acne free skin.
- As a great bonus this treatment also includes Hyaluronic Acid that helps diminish the acne scars for a clearer & smoother skin.
- Won’t dry out your skin excessively, it will actually leave your neck area fairly moisturized.
- Chemical Free: No Parabens or Sulfates.
- Organic: Made with Non-GMO ingredients.
- Can bring in results in days, not months.
- Made with natural organic ingredients, if you suffer from allergies you might want to take a look first at the ingredients labeled.
- Scented Cream that some will find pleasant but others may dislike the smell.
- The cream jar is rather small and you might need to restock often if you are treating several areas of your body.
How to use:
After cleansing your face, apply Keeva tea tree oil acne treatment cream directly to your neck acne spots. Repeat daily for best results.
3. Use Lemon to Exfoliate Your Skin and Eliminate Toxins
If your skin is very oily, then there’s no better option than exfoliating it. You do it to remove any dead skin cells that may be residing on the dermis, doing nothing but to abet bacterial growth and clog the skin pores. There are a variety of ways to exfoliate your skin, but I’ll outline the best and the simplest ones.
Lemon juice is, by far, the best way when it comes to exfoliating your skin gently and naturally. It contains the biggest nutrient friend of your skin, Vitamin C, in the quantity of about 64%.
Follow these steps to make use of lemon to treat neck acne:
- Cut a fresh lemon into two pieces and squeeze the one half into a glass
- Add lukewarm water in it.
- Drink this water daily in the morning before breakfast.
- Rub the remaining squeezed lemon on your neck, leave it for 10 minutes, and then rinse it off.
The drink will flush away all the unwanted toxins from your body, and the topical application will exfoliate your skin.
Read what Jim Dillan – from HealthAmbition – has to say about the tremendous benefits of lemon water.
4. Homemade Sea Salt Super Exfoliant
If acne on your neck is severe, this method is to go for. It’s proven to be an effective way of exfoliating your skin and drying out pimples to eliminate them.
- Mix 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin oil with 1 tablespoon of sea salt.
- Stir them gently, and apply on your neck.
- Do this repeatedly with a two day gap.
- If it dries out your skin too much, shorten its use to only once a week.
5. Make Use of Other Proven Over The Counters
As I said earlier, the skin of our neck is relatively thick, so using OTCs that contain Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, and Alpha Hydroxy Acids, will not put your skin at high risk as it can easily bear their chemical effects. Therefore, they can efficiently contribute in fighting against neck acne, without the fear of any unsightly consequences.
For a comprehensive list of the most successful products that contain BP, SA, and AHAs, refer to this blog post.
6 – Neck Acne Prevention
A. Essential Everyday Tips
- Ideally, you shouldn’t be wearing tight collared shirts, turtlenecks, or scarves (if really tight) that can cause irritation and aggravate acne on your neck. If it seems daunting, then try only to wear them occasionally.
- Always check non-comedogenic or oil free label on cleansers, soaps, moisturizers, or any kind of cosmetic products you often use because they can cause over production of sebum and promote acne cosmetica.
- Wash your hair regularly to keep its oil off your neck – preferably, with any of one these acne fighting shampoos. You can also wrap your hair up if its longer.
Habitually adopting these simple tips in your daily routine, in itself, can provide noticeable improvement in your acne condition. And when combined with the methods we’re going to discuss below, it will definitely provide a perfect platform for the elimination of acne on your neck.
B. Avoid All Sources of Irritation
At last, I’d suggest you to avoid each and everything that causes irritation on your neck. Remember this simple rule, less irritation = less acne.
Picking at skin, scratching an itch, rubbing it too hard, continuously using uncleaned pillows, wiping/rubbing sweat away, etc., are among those top deeds that lead to unwanted irritation on your skin.
Therefore, they should be avoided at all costs as irritation is the one of the chief abettors behind neck acne.
C. Watch Out For Excess Oil and Perspiration
Excess oil often happens to be the main reason behind the outbreak of acne, and if your skin is oily, and you perspire a lot, there’s no way but to believe this.
Having said that, make sure to avoid excessive buildup of sweat on your neck area to prevent bacterial growth and pore clogging.
Take regular baths. Preferably, with a soap like Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar that won’t only cleanse your skin gently, but will also remove excess oil from your skin to prevent pore clogging.
That brings us to the end of this precise post answering your desperate question, “How do I get rid of neck acne?”
We discussed how acne on the back of your neck is caused and how to practically eliminate it by making use of some of the best available methods.
But we didn’t even stop there. We also learned a number of practical tips for preventing neck acne in the future.
If you’ve been reading this post right from the start, I think you now have no reason to allow acne to stick to your neck. You’ve learned all the tips, tweaks, and methods that will help you in making that possible. What’s only left is your will to do all this.
What do you think of these tips I’ve shared in this article? Have I missed anything? Want to share a method that works for you?
Whatever you have on your mind, let me know in the comments below. 🙂